How To Get Southwest Rapid Reward Points By Using TurboTax
We may be compensated when you click on links from one or more of our advertising partners. recommendations and opinions are ours alone. See our Advertiser Policy for more details.
There is nothing like getting free points for doing something you are already going to do. This is the case with the new Southwest Airlines promotion with TurboTax.
Southwest is currently offering 1,000 free rapid reward points just by linking your account to TurboTax.
I currently use TurboTax for my personal taxes so this promotion was a no brainer.
Explore This Post
Here is how you can get your 1,000 free points
- Sign in to your Southwest Rapid Rewards account.
- Go to the Rapid Rewards portal to see the TurboTax offer
- Once you get to TurboTax, sign in to that account and complete your tax return.
Your 1,000 bonus points will show up in your Southwest account within about eight weeks. In my experience, the points usually show up much sooner.
On the plus side you can do this every year when you file your returns.
How Much Are Rapid Rewards Worth
On our latest check for Southwest Rapid Rewards, we value each point at 1.5 cents each. That means that you get $15 in value just for this connection. While that’s not a lot free points are free points.
How To Earn Southwest Rapid Rewards Points
If you are considering flying Southwest often it’s a great program to earn points on. The best way to earn points is simple, by flying Southwest. You will obtain different points depending on what fare class you fly.
- Wanna Get Away: 6 points per dollar
- Anytime: 10 points per dollar
- Business Select: 12 points per dollar
Points are earned based on the ticket’s base fare so keep in mind when you think of the total that usually includes tax.
Another way to earn points is with a Southwest Credit Card. There are multiple Southwest cards available that offers different sign up bonuses and points. Here are the current cards Southwest offers
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card
- Southwest Rapid Rewards Performance Business Credit Card
Summary & Takeaways
Bottom line is Southwest Rapid Rewards are great to maximize and by utilizing Turbotax you can easily increase your stash.
Sign up for our newsletter
Never miss an update on the latest travel deals, credit card rewards, or destination tips with our newsletter.